Saturday 22 April 2017

Sights Words to Reading

Recently, I am pondering on how to teach my son to read. Then I met a friend whom daughter is the same age with Peter. She taught me to teach Peter to memorise sight words, although I did not tell her that I am planning to teach Peter on reading. But when I teach Peter the sight words by asking him to write one word for ten times each day and do flash cards for him to test him. I find that he can read out the sight words when reading. Reading is an important part in life as such I would like to encourage you to do whatever you can to encourage your child to read. This is because reading opens the mind. You may like to check out this useful website for sight words listing and teaching strategy. http://www.sightwords.com/sight-words/lessons/

Peter practising the sight words

My DIY flash cards

No comments:

Post a Comment