Monday 18 July 2016

Great Experience @ Community Club

Fengshan Indian Cultural Fair flyer at block notice board
On 10 July 2016, I attended an event named “Fengshan Indian Cultural Fair” at Fengshan Community Club with my mother and son. At the event, I got to try out many Indian cultural activities such as Henna, Rangoli, Garland and sampling of Indian snacks such as Thosai, Samosa, Putu Mayam, Idli, Spicy White Chickpeas Gravy and Masala Tea.

Rangoli made by one of the participants

Garland made by exhibitor and me

I am grateful that I attended this event because it was near my home and experienced Indian cultural activities at a very affordable price of $2 per ticket.  Likens an Indian cultural Museum had been brought closer to my home. 

After attending it, I learnt more about our Indian committee as such felt closer to them. I really wish to encourage all to look more into events organised by your home nearby facilities such as Community Clubs and Residents' Committees as they aim to organise activities that are meaningful, affordable and convenient for all to participate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment