Monday 11 July 2016

Exercise with a tight budget

Baby Paul is now 8 months old. I breastfed him for about 4 months. Now I decided that it is time to start exercising. My Goal is to reduce my weight by 5kg which is my original weight and to flatten my bulging tummy. However, I don't want to spend much by going for expensive classes/treatments/products to slim down. As such, my creative juice kicks in.

I started to use my neighbouring facilities to exercise. I started to go to Bedok stadium facilities for regular jogs, sit ups and push ups. If the stadium is unavailable, I will use my Active.Sg account credits to access Bedok gym for jogging, cycling and sit ups. I will also use my Active.Sg account credits to access Bedok swimming pool for a good swim. Active.Sg is beneficial to all Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents because it credits S$100 into their Active.Sg account to be used for selected sports activities such as entries to swimming pools, gyms and workout classes. Do check out their website for more details @ https://www.myactivesg.com/

My Mum bought a book titled “15 Minute Calorie Burn Workout” by Efua Baker. It comes with a DVD showing the how to do the workouts. Likens a personal instructor doing workouts together with me. My mum encourages me to use this book to do workouts at home. As such when I don’t have the time to go out to do exercises, I will simply play the DVD to burn some calories. 

15 Minute Calorie Burn Workout by Efua Baker

After exercising for a period, my jogging shoes and swimming goggles began to wear off. As such, I decided to visit Decathlon located at Chai Chee to purchase some affordable sports products. I bought  a nice pair of jogging shoes and goggles for less than S$20 and S$4 respectively. 

Decathlon Sport Shoes
Decathlon Swimming Goggles

With all these exercising plus healthy eating (Less oil, salt and sugar), I believe that I am on the right track to my fitness goal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment