Tuesday 5 April 2016

Maternity Ward Saving

In 2012 for my 1st pregnancy, I choose to be ward into C ward because I use to sleep in a non-air con room and I don’t mind to share room with 5 others. When I was to be ward into C ward, the hospital actually upgraded me into B ward which is an air con and 6 bedded ward due to lack of C ward. As such I got the chance to experience the B ward. I don’t really enjoy it because it is an air con ward. After a night in the B ward, I was transferred to the C ward. It was much more comfortable for me as it was well ventilated. In total, I stayed for 4 days 3 nights.

In 2015 for my 2
nd pregnancy, again I choose to stay in a C ward. And again the hospital upgraded me to the B ward due to the same reason. But this time I wouldn’t mind that much because there was haze and was advised to stay in an air con room. As such I considered myself blessed to be upgraded. However, even if I am in a C ward, I believed that the hospital would take serious measures to ensure that their patients were well protected from the haze. This time I only stay for 2 days 1 night. Both deliveries were vaginal births and I only paid C ward rates.

In these two stays, I am thankful that I am able to use my husband medisave to pay for all the maternity ward expenses. We didn’t exceed the capped medisave amount that was allowed for us to use. As such in all, we received a cash refund of about $700 for each stay. You may visit
Medisave Maternity Package for more information regarding the cash refund. That will help you to save some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment