Wednesday 13 April 2016

Baby Immunisation Saving

After delivery, my baby needs to have immunisations to keep him away from various diseases. As such my husband and I choose to have baby immunisations taken at polyclinic. I am surprise to know that polyclinic don’t charge most of the immunisations such as HepB (against Hepatitis B), DTaP (against Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis) , OPV (against Poliovirus) and MMR (against Measles, Mumps, Rubella). And they only charge immunisations such as PCV (against Pneumococcal), Human Papillomavirus and Influenza. Even if they chargeable, you are able to pay them using Medisave and CDA accounts. That means you don’t need to fork out any physical cash for any of the immunisations.

I need to say that even thought the immunisations comes in a very affordable way. However, they didn’t comprise with their service standard. That impressed me. I booked an appointment for my baby immunisation. When I reached on time at the polyclinic, took a queue number by scanning my baby health booklet then waited for about 15 minutes to see the nurse for immunisation. After that I will pay for the chargeable immunisation at the payment counter. If I don't need to pay for any of the immunisation then I will go ahead to book an appointment for the next immunisation. All in all, it took me about 30 to 45 minutes per trip. For booking of appointment, I will try to book an appointment in the morning because I feel that the weather is cooler, more comfortable for the baby and less people queueing in front of me which I noticed that I am served faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment