Saturday 10 December 2016

The National Steps Challenge Season 2

On 3 December Saturday as I was walking pass my housing block notice board, I noticed a flyer about The National Steps Challenge Season 2. Then I thought to myself whether I should join or not cause I dislike wearing a watch and already had a routine to jog twice weekly which I thought was quite enough. However, under my husband influence, I decided to join. 


The National Steps Challenge Season 2 Flyer
On the next day, my husband and I arrived at Kampong Chai Chee Community Club at about 9am which is about 30 minutes before the official opening hours to participate the roadshow and to get a free steps tracker. To my surprise there were like 50 people queueing in front of us and each person can collect up to 3 steps trackers. As such by the time we collected our stesp tracker was about 3 and a half hours at around 12.30pm. 

Upon registered as a participant at the roadshow for The National Steps Challenge and received my steps tracker. I downloaded the "Healthy 365" application to sync with the steps tracker. This application helps us to record informations such as number of steps performed daily and number of points earn to redeem prizes. 


My Steps Tracker
Since participating, I manage to hit their target of 10,000 steps daily by just doing household chores (6,000 steps) and additional stepping exercises for about 30mins to hit the remaining 4,000 steps. Since participating I felt that I am more motivated to carry out mandate household chores and exercise as I am able to redeem useful prizes such as NTUC vouchers that I can use it to buy groceries. Plus my husband and friend are also participating as such we challenge and encourage one another along the way which makes it fun to join. I really encourage you and your loves one to join this challenge if you have the chance to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment