Tuesday 20 December 2016

DIY Learning Materials

I felt that by doing my own learning materials were quite fun and engaging for Peter. Recently I did a numbers chart for him to learn. Using green construction paper to make the background comfortable to look at. I drew margins to guide me to write neatly. I used different coloured markers to write the content in order to make it interesting. After writing, I laminated the paper for him to use white board markers to practise on them then we were be able to clean it off for the next practise. Another benefit of laminating was to protect the paper.




The learning material was engaging because Peter was learning about numbers at the moment. As such I am able to design the learning materials according to his needs. By placing it somewhere that he was able to see it frequently, I realised that he was taking initiative to learn independently by taking the makers to practise on it or by just standing in front of it to read and see the words. 

After placing it for a few weeks, I realised that he was able to recognise them better. Even though spelling the numbers was not easy for Peter but I think with suitable learning materials he is encouraged to learn at his own pace until he succeeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment